Do you why Thekkady has become one of the most memorable destinations of nature lovers? It is because of the lush greenery and relaxed atmosphere that makes Thekkady more beautiful in winter. A wonderful place to visit and stay, Thekkady has rich greenery filled with flora and fauna. The best time to visit Thekkady is during the winters, when she will be all adorned and cool to welcome her visitors. The Jungle Park resort is one of the top luxury resorts in Thekkady that provides a comfortable stay by enjoying the beauty of nature. The place is also known for the wildlife. Thekkady encompasses the well-known Periyar Tiger Reserve and the stunning beauty, the Periyar River. Located in Kerala’s Idukki district, this tourist destination is sure to create an impression in the hearts of nature lovers.
Things to do in Thekkady:
- A walk through the lap of nature is the first thing you may want to do if you are a lover of nature. Many nature treks are available in Thekkady. Treks are a wonderful way to spend time for couples, and Jungle Park resorts is one of the finest among Thekkady honeymoon resorts. The treks can take about 4 to 5 km. The most silent places of nature can be covered in this trekking. It also gives an opportunity to see different varieties of thriving fauna as well as birds and animals. These walks also enable you to feel the dense and cool atmosphere of the nature.
- Periyar wildlife sanctuary is a beautiful place to visit in Thekkady. Taking a safari through the wildlife sanctuary will gift you with many beautiful sights. Visitors can also go for bamboo rafting and boating. The sanctuary is the repository of many endangered plants. It can be visited in-between the months from September to April. Our resort is one of the best resorts in Thekkady for family, and we provide guidance to visit Thekkady.
- Boating is popular in Thekkady, and it can be done in the famous Periyar lake. The lake flows through the heart of Periyar wildlife sanctuary. The boating gives an unforgettable experience as the visitors can watch the animals of the sanctuary walking beside the late. Animals can also indulge in other activities such as bathing and drinking. Boating service is available for 2 hours. Tourists can also go for bamboo rafting which is especially exciting in the cold weather.
- Murikkady is another interesting place to visit in Thekkady that is famous for plantations such as cardamom, spices, and coffee. Kerala is renowned for its plantations and Murikkady is one the best spice plantation areas in Kerala, which also consists of turmeric, clove, ginger, vanilla and tea. As one of the premium hotels in Kerala, we offer a most enriching stay experience in Thekkady.
- Kumily is yet another enchanting place to visit in Thekkady. It is located near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. Nature lovers love to take a vacation in Kumily as this place has a great panoramic view and is just more than 4 km from Thekkady. Kumily also has great view of tea and spice plantations.